Support Groups for Survivors of Domestic Violence
We have a day and evening groups, for women and men who have experienced verbal, emotional, financial, sexual or physical abuse in their intimate relationships. To see if one of our support groups would benefit you, please call (530) 626-1450 or (916) 939-4464 Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The Center offers 3 domestic violence support groups:
Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30 pm
Wednesdays from 12:00-2:00 pm
Fridays from 5:30-7:30 pm
To join a group or for more information please call (530) 626-1450 or (916) 939-4464 Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Benefits of Support Groups
- Reduce Isolation – the most important step toward taking back your life.
- An atmosphere of acceptance and a source of positive feedback.
- Opportunity to be heard by those who understand the cycle of abuse.
- Bonding and trust building experiences.
- Sharing available options, tools, techniques which have worked for others.
- Promote awareness of self-determination and choices, leading to personal empowerment.
- Banish confusion, realization that “I’m not crazy after all.”